Monday, January 17, 2011

What Says Good Morning to Me?

I have really wanted to start learning how to edit my photos better.  I have Photoshop Elements and I use it but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with it.  I am joining this link up to try and learn some tips and tricks.  The theme this week is "What says good morning to you?" 

When I read this I immediately thought of me and the boys and our early morning play time in front of the rising sun painted in their playroom.  How perfect! :)

Here is my SOOC (straight out of camera) shot.  I hate that the ball is in front of him.  Also, the playroom is actually the back half of our garage that Jason walled in, so therefore there is no natural light in the room.


 Good to Wow


9 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!

    Such a cutie!

    Blessings,
    Jill
    http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, well, I'm no photo expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I kinda like the blurred ball in front of him - the yellow of the ball plus the yellow of your sun painting kind of frames your cutie patootie.

    He is so adorable - that toothless smile...I miss my babies being babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Maybe crop the bottom so not so MUCH of the yellow ball shows?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! I think the ball adds dimension. Love you SOOC! Can't wait to see the edit.

    I'm pretty new to PSE also, so I'm really enjoying this challenge ... pushing me to learn something.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Kimberly
    http://kimberlysperspective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that I like the ball, I think it draws the eye to his cutie pie face! You have an adorable little one and can't wait to see your edit!

    Steph
    http://northfillmorestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great focus on the baby. this will work up as a great edit photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! What a happy thing to wake up too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute shot - I look forward to seeing your edit.

    ReplyDelete