Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ahh...Quiet!

It is so quiet right now in my house, both babies are asleep and the tv is off...which is rare because I always like background noise...always have.  I have slept with the tv on ever since I can remember, until several months ago when Jason begged me to just put it on a sleep timer so I did.  Anyway, our tv has been having overheating problems and just randomly goes off...usually at inopportune times, but right now it is so nice, the only thing I hear is the hum of the computer and the occasional sweet, sleeping grunts from Mason.  I really wanted to watch the episode of Teen Mom from last night, but that can wait I guess. :) Yes, seriously I watch Teen Mom and not only do I watch it but I love it, it's like a bad addiction, I want to stop but I just can't. 

Anyway, Jason's birthday was Thursday and I intended to do a sweet blog post about what a great husband and such an amazing Dad he is, but Caden got pretty sick Thursday and continued to be sick throughout the weekend, so that didn't happen.  So just to recap Jason's "wonderful" birthday...Caden wasn't acting like himself Thursday during the day and around 4 he just started crying and I couldn't do anything to get him to stop...about 5:05 I called Jason and told him I really hoped he was almost home because I was about to go nuts!  About 5 minutes later Caden threw up all over the nursery and in the hall, all while I was nursing Mason.  Jason walked in the door shortly after and we discovered that he also had a horrible diaper rash and wouldn't even walk it hurt so bad.  Jason changed him and I suggested we leave his diaper off to let it "air out"...good idea! Ten minutes later Caden has peed in the floor, bounced a beach ball in it and kicked it down the hall.  I looked at Jason and said "Happy 28th Birthday!" and all we could do was laugh, otherwise I would have cried.  So on his birthday Jason got the three best gifts any man could ask for, puke, poop, and pee...so disgusting!  Being the wonderful dad he is he gladly handled all of these gross things and said he wouldnt' have his birthday any other way...to which I replied I would have changed a couple of things. :)

In all seriousness I couldn't imagine there being a better husband and father.  I always knew he would be a good Dad but I had no idea how great he would be.  He doesn't hesitate to help with anything and honestly I don't know what I would do without him.  He works so hard at his 1st job and then he comes home from work he immediately begins his 2nd job: playing with Caden or holding Mason or changing diapers or giving baths or feeding dinner or keeping both kids so I can get out alone for a little while.  He is so selfless and doesn't ever complain about doing any of these things.  Not to mention he also does the dishes and cleans too!  No, you can't have him. ;) So HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON! I love you with all my heart!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to comment in list form!
    1. Your header pic is A-DORable!
    2. I also am a closested Teen Mom watcher
    3. My hubby's bday is tomorrow! They're close!

    ReplyDelete