Thursday, July 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Wedding Flowers and Wedding Party

Kelly's Korner...a blog that I read everyday and LOVE does a different "show us your life" each Friday. I've been meaning to participate but Fridays always sneak up on me and I forget! But I finally remembered! Also, my best friend got married this past weekend and it made me want to get married all over again...to Jason of course! :)
This week is show your flowers and your wedding party, and because I forgot last week I'm going to show my wedding dress as well!


We got married June 9, 2007 at Lake Lure, NC. Lake Lure is very special to us and we always knew that is where we would get married. It was a beautiful and HOT day! I don't even know how everybody doesn't look like they are melting in our pictures because it was scorching.


Our colors were pink and brown, and the majority of the flowers were pink. At the reception I did use some cream colored hydrangea but other than that I used pink roses, carnations, stargazer lilies, and I think that's it! Well actually now that I'm looking there are some other sort of pink flowers but I have no clue what they are. :)

My beautiful bridal party!

A close up of some of the flowers on my cake.


My wedding dress was by Maggie Sottero and I absolutley loved it! I got it at Poffie Girls in Gastonia and it was one of probably a hundred dresses I tried on. HA! It is a gold color and the lace was ivory. I never thought I would get non-white dress...I actually told the sales lady who was helping me that I didn't want to take the time to try it on, but she convinced me that it would look completely different when I put it on and she didn't lie! I'm glad she was stubborn. :)
I loved the back of it!
Right after we were married. :)
And...just one of my favorite pictures! :)

I hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. What fun pictures! I love your dress and your bridesmaids dresses as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Hendersonville, NC so I've spent a good amount of time at Lake Lure.. never seen a wedding there until now, though! Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what awesome pics.. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment. Your pics are beautiful! And I actually live in NC and go to Lake Lure quite a bit. My parents have a cabin in Bat Cave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME PICTURES!! I'm glad you had such a creative photographer!! I love pink and brown anything!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos and the humor you included.
    Your cake looks delicious.
    I've so enjoyed looking at all the ladies' wedding photos. There's so much love, beauty and creativity.
    I love your dress. Everyone looks so gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete