Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Busy, Busy Weekend!

**This was last weekend (Oct. 23 & 24), I'm borrowing my mom's computer since my still isn't working...who wants to buy me a new one?? :)

We had a very busy weekend again!  On Saturday we went to Ada's (Quint and Melissa's neice) 3rd birthday party.  Caden had the best time running around outside, playing with all the ride on toys, kicking soccer balls, playing with bubbles, and jumping in the inflatable! 
He loved jumping!
 
Sweet Boy.
Mason had the best time talking and laughing with cousin Eli.  He seriously sat there and laughed and talked for 5 minutes, he couldn't get enough. :)
Melissa and I with the boys. I'm so excited for them to grow up together.
Caden loved wearing Ada's bike helmet, yes it was pink with pandas on it.

We left from Ada's party and went home so Caden could take a nap and as soon as he woke up we headed up to Lake Lure for Jason's grandmom's 80th birthday! We had a wonderful dinner and it was good to see everybody. Wish we could have stayed longer and I also wish my camera hadn't died.

More laughing with cousin Eli and Aunt Julie.
Jason and Quint with the boys, minus Caden, who was too busy running around for a picture...my camera died right after this.
On Sunday we woke up and went to church, where Caden whined and cried in the nursery pretty much the whole time, even though I was in there with him.  Needless to say it was a long couple of hours. :)  Later Sunday afternoon we met David, Claire, and Katelyn at the North Carolina Balloon Fest in Statesville, I was so excited to see the balloons and for Caden to see them.  We got there and hung out for a while, listened to some music, Caden played on a couple of the inflatables, pitched several screaming fits (Terrible Twos Anyone?), and then they announce it is too windy for the balloons to fly.  I was pretty disappointed and it didn't even seem that windy, it was actually pretty hot and a breeze would have been nice. :) 
Before church...a rare family picture. 
Getting ready to go down the big slide.
He loved it...Jason went down with him 2 more times and he still cried when we left.
Mason hanging out and Caden drinking an entire 32 oz. lemonade, seriously. 
Sweet, little Katelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment