Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Thought This Was Summer??

This was probably Caden's thoughts since he started "school" on June 15th.  He is going on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9-1 to Children's Morning Out (CMO) at the Presbyterian Church in Newton.  This is going to be a big adjustment because Caden has never really stayed with anyone besides family.

                                                            Backpack on and ready to go!

The first day was ok...he was a little unsure when I first put him down but he saw some school buses and firetrucks to play with and then he was fine.  I said bye quickly and left.  His first day he did pretty good, they said he started to cry around lunch time, which is his usual nap time so it didn't really surprise me.  His teacher said they took a walk outside and then he was just fine.  As long as he can be outside everything is fine. :)  I hope that eventually he will get used to napping a little later.  Jason went with me to pick him up and he was playing on the playground and he did not want to leave, in fact he screamed and pitched a fit.

I'm going where?

Let's go!

His second day the drop off was not so good.  He started crying hysterically, I guess he knew I was leaving, whereas the day before he didn't realize that I was going to be gone.  I tried to get him to play with some things, and the teacher was like you are just going to have to go and he will be fine.  So I did, and I cried the whole way home.  It was water day so I figured that once they got to go play in the water he would be really excited and he would forget that I was gone. :(  Poor baby, it really broke my heart. 

How has he turned into such a boy?  Makes a mama sad. :(

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get his back pack? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! Jason's mom got it for him at Christmas, but I think they have them at Jack and Jill's at Valley Hills Mall.

    ReplyDelete