Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mason is 4 Months Old!

**Just a disclaimer this is going to be super long, feel free to skip over all this and just look at the precious pictures if  you would like. :)
Ahh!  I need time to slow down for just a little while.  I seriously want Mason to just stay this size for a little while longer!  He is seriously the sweetest baby ever, and I don't think I'm saying that just because I'm his mom, I've heard it from other people as well. :)  He smiles from the second he is awake until he goes to sleep.  He still loves to talk and coo at anybody. 

This month he has mastered reaching and grabbing things, and he grabs at everything now.  He can pull the little music thing on his bouncy seat and he can make his frog sing on his car seat.  He grabs my hair, my earrings, anything he can get his chubby little hands on.  One of my favorite things he does is he ferociously grabs my face and pulls it to him and tries to eat my face. :)  He gets so excited and tries so hard that he shakes when he does it. 
Also, anything he grabs goes directly into his mouth.  His hands are constantly being gnawed on and if your hands get too close they will be in his mouth too. 

He sleeps through the night most of the time, occasionally he will wake up around 4 to eat, but generally he sleeps from 9 until 6 or 7.  He is usually up for 1-2 hours during the day and then he is ready to sleep again.  He still takes naps in his swing, but I'm hopefully going to get him in his crib for naps soon, it's just hard because he will go to sleep by himself in his swing but I have to rock him to sleep for his crib, which usually doesn't work because Caden doesn't exactly like me to leave him alone for more than a minute.. :)

He still likes tummy time, he has even started putting his head down and sticking his feet under himself and scoots forward.  He scooted himself all the way off his blanket the other day doing this, maybe he will be an early crawler?  I kind of hope not, after Caden started moving I learned not to take the non-mobile days for granted! 
He still only rolls from his belly to his back but he is thisclose to rolling over from his back to his stomach.  I keep waiting for it but he just can't quite make it over. :)

Mason is getting so big!  He is getting so chubby that his rolls have rolls.  I love it!  He doesn't have his 4 month check up until December so I don't know all of his stats but he did go to the doctor last week (he was doing this weird wheezing noise but it was nothing...paid $25 for the doctor to tell us he "is perfect")  and he weighed 17.2 pounds. 

He has gotten better about being in his carseat.  He doesn't fuss too much now when he is in it...he usually just goes to sleep now, I guess he figured out crying wasn't going to help him.  I seriously think he cries though because he thinks he is all alone, if he can see somebody he is fine.  He is like this at home too, he can be crying his head off if he is in a room by himself but as soon as he sees you he stops crying and starts smiling.  He is definitely a social little thing and doesn't want to be by himself. 

He laughs all the time now as well.  It is the cutest little laugh too. He is super ticklish and he just giggles and giggles when you tickle him. 
He has brought so much joy to our lives already in his 4 short months.  I am so thankful that God blessed us with another sweet boy, we couldn't imagine our lives any other way.  We love you sweet Mason.

No comments:

Post a Comment