Sunday, April 26, 2009

Caden's First Vacation

My brother, Dillon, and cousin, Logan, had Spring Break the week before last so my mom and my Aunt Becky decided to take a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. Caden and I tagged along for his first little vacation. We ended up leaving LATE Wednesday night, like around 11:00. Which was good because I was pretty sure Caden would sleep the whole way…which he did.

The only scary part was driving those curvy mountain roads in the middle night with all the 18 wheelers. My legs were tired the next day from being so tense the entire time I was driving. We got there around 2 or 3 am…I’m not sure which, I was pretty tired, and so was Caden, he never woke up even when I took him out of his car seat, swaddled him (yes he still gets swaddled :) and put him in his PNP to sleep. He slept amazingly well the whole long weekend.

We did some neat things there. We watched Dillon go indoor skydiving, Caden got to go swimming for the first time in the indoor pool, we watched Dillon and Logan do the Zorb and ride go-carts. Caden was also lucky enough to get to go shopping at the outlets too. ;) He actually does love to go shopping, for now anyway. Jason is determined that this will change. We had such a good time and Caden was such a sweet baby the whole time, even when we kept him out way past his bed time.

Believe it or not this was my first time to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and I had a great time…I definitely want to go back, just not during the Hot Rod week this time, and with Jason in tow. We missed him being there with us for sure, and I’m pretty sure he missed us too. :) The traffic was insane…although, I had a very good time people watching. Apparently some very “interesting” people really like Hot Rods. Pictures are below. Enjoy!

The "Zorb"

Dillon and Logan at the Zorb
























































1 comment:

  1. Nice pics! What kind of camera do you use? I love the bw one of Caden in the pool.

    ReplyDelete