Friday, February 11, 2011

The Power of Baby Powder

So if you know me at all you probably know about my love for baby powder (BP from here on out).  This love began way before I had babies....speaking of, BP isn't even supposed to be used on babies  anymore, who would've thought?  Anyway, I honestly don't know what I would do without it.  It is without a doubt my top "beauty secret"...actually it's probably my only beauty secret.  I'm not really into "beauty" things...although I wish I was along with alot of other things, including but not limited to cleaning, crafting, and scrapbooking. 

Not a day goes by that I don't use BP on my hair.  I have very oily hair...I'm talking, if I wash it in the morning by the afternoon it is FLAT and greasy.  It's awful.  This is where BP saves me.  I don't like to wash my hair daily but honestly if I don't it looks like an oil slick, but with just a little BP it looks SO much better! 

I even use it right after I have washed and dried it, it gives it some body.  If I don't use the BP I have serious flat head...although it does kind of "wear out" throughout the day, but if I just brush it, it spruces it right up.  I have been using it as long as I can remember and a couple of years ago I even read in a magazine that Jessica Simpson uses BP on her hair...at that moment I knew that it was ok. :) 

All I do is pour a little in my hand and rub them together, then flip my head upside down and rub it into the roots.  I do this a couple of times, getting different parts of my head.  Then I flip it back and brush it...simple as that.  I have blonde hair...but I think I may have seen once at Sally's they have different colors of baby powder, like brown or something?  Anyway...here is a before and after baby powder picture:

Ah, so much better.  I don't feel complete until I have BP'd myself. :)

9 comments:

  1. thats awesome, i usually do the same thing with corn starch but i love how baby powder smells so i may have to make a switch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a great tip! I do the same thing, and since I have highlighted hair, I think that it also helps the roots look a little lighter in between highlights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought of doing this! But I have oily hair too and sometimes just don't have the time to wash it every day. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this with cornstarch only because my hair is dark and cornstarch doesn't seem to show as much as bp. It is how I get a second day out of my hair washing. Great before and after photos tho, really show the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. was drawn to this blog from Kelly's Korner bc of the baby powder admission. I am a blonde and a total BP addict....I use lavender & jasmine scented so it smells good! Anyway, I have a lot of natural volume, so I just use it between washes or when I'm trying to get my highlights to last a couple extra weeks until I can make it to the salon. Gotta be careful, though....too much and you're hair will look grey! Glad to find a fellow BP user! AND we have something else in common....my maiden name is Rainey! So, from Ms. Rainey to Mrs. Rainey...(I'm assuming that's your name!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I LOVE this idea...my daughter has very similar hair and now I have a solution for her she will be so happy. I have frizzy, dangerous curl myself that I'm straightening HA but this is brilliant...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I have brown hair, but I'm going to try this tip. Your blog is great! :)

    ReplyDelete